Wednesday, April 29, 2009


A four-year old is kind of like having a blender, 
but you don't have a top for it.

*****************************************
I feel like this with all my girls sometimes.
Am I the only one?
I love there enthusiasm and that
they keep me constantly on my toes.
I am so thankful I have my girls
they are my greatest treasures!

Made a few things I
found on a very cute blog
christalbevans.blogspot.com
 wanted to share.
Try them, they are delicious!

------------------------------------
2 quarts water
12 cubes chicken bouillon
4 large diced 
potatoes with skin
3 large carrots (chunked)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 cup celery (diced)
1 bunch broccoli (chopped)

1½ cups butter
1½ cups flour
1½ quarts more
 water

16 ounce jar Cheez Whiz
¾ teaspoon of garlic salt

In 2 quarts water, c
ook bouillon and vegetables. In smaller pan, combine butter and flour. Slowly add 1 ½ quarts of water. Stir to thicken. Add slowly to lar
ge pan of veggies. Add Cheez Whiz and salt. 
Simmer. 
I found this recipe and my girls 
LOVE it!!!
Also You have to have some Aloha Bread.

-Lion House Recipe
Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Cup Mashed Bananas
4 Cups all-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Soda
1 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Undrained
¾ Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Coconut
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 large 8x4-inch loaf pans. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and sugar. Add eggs. Stir in bananas. In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, soda, and salt, then add to banana mixture. Blend well, but be careful not to over mix. (Over mixing causes tunnels and a coarse texture) Add pineapple, pecans, and coconut and mix together on low speed until blended. Pour into prepared pans. The pans should each be two-thirds full. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes.
Makes 2 large loaves.

I am going to try and make this for the my 
ladies I now go Visiting Teaching too.

Recipes and pictures
from christalbevans.blogspot.com

2 comments:

heather said...

Hey! Thanks for you comment on my blog. So I am so glad that you have a blog. Hope you don't mind but I will blog stalk you now...hehe
But, Yes, that is how my kids make me feel. Like they are blenders w/out the lids. Haha, that is a great anaology.
Oh and luck to whoever the ladies you visit teach. That bread looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for share this wonderful collection