Wednesday, April 29, 2009

President Thomas S. Monson

As Many of you know I was an operator for 
The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints before I move to Las Vegas.
Since we have moved one of the things
that has made me so sad about leaving
was my job. I know to the outside world
people probably think I am crazy!
Before I started working for the church
I was struggling big time with just about 
everything. My testimony, why I was here,
what I was doing, who I was....
Pretty much any question you could ask,
I was asking myself.
I have so many wonderful stories that have 
happen to me while I worked for the church.
Most of them are personal and ones I will
always hold dear to heart for as long as I live.
My first week in training I walked into
the office sat down and in walked
President Monson.
He walked over put his hand on my
shoulder and said we are glad you are here.
To most, this would not be a big deal.
To me at that moment in time, it meant 
everything. From that day on I had many
conversations with the prophet.
I have written these experiences down
in my journal and hope one day my grandchildren 
will think WOW my grandma knew the prophet!
I have to say my experiences working for
the church have changed my life.
They have made me want to be a better
wife, mother, daughter, friend.
President Monson will always
hold a very special place in my heart.
I sustain him and I know he is
a true prophet of God.

"Occasionally discouragement may darken our pathway; 
frustration may be a constant companion. 
In our ears there may sound the sophistry of Satan as he whispers, 
“You cannot save the world; your small efforts are meaningless. 
You haven’t time to be concerned for others.” 
Trusting in the Lord, let us turn our heads from such falsehoods 
and make certain our feet are firmly planted in the path of service and 
our hearts and souls dedicated to follow the example of the Lord. 
In moments when the light of resolution dims and when the heart grows faint, 
we can take comfort from His promise: 
'Be not weary in well-doing. … 
Out of small things proceedeth that which is great. 
Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind.'”

1 comment:

heather said...

Wow, that is such a cool experience! Thanks so much for sharing it.