Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday My Little Shanny



Happy Birthday Shannan!!! Tuesday Shannan turned five. I cannot believe how time has flown by. Shannan was born October 7, 2003. That was actually my due date because my doctor did not want me to go over like I did with Tilisa. I had to get started with all three of my girls so we checked into the hospital early morning about 4:00am. They got me started on the potussin(I hope that is right) right away. With Tilisa I had so much pain so I had begged my doctor not to make me feel anything. As the contractions got stronger and stronger my doc ordered my epidural and then I was in Heaven from then on. I did not feel anything compared to Tilisa. They actually had to tell me when I was having a contraction. Oh it was Awesome. As i was in labor Tilisa was in there the whole time mostly up my head, but at one point she went down by the doctor and she came back up and said, "Mommy what happen to your butt?" We all had to laugh. The rest of the time she kept wiping my head and rubbing my arm saying you can do it mom. She was ready for his little sister. At the end my doctor held up the placenta and Tilisa asked my dad what the doctor was cooking. I guess she thought it looked like a piece of meat!
Shanny was born at 4:48 pm and weighed 7lbs 4 oz and was 19 inches long. She had beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair.  I could not believe that I had another baby girl. I was in love!
Here are a few random pictures of my little Shanny.



Shanny and Ana just waking up. Shanny is always so happy in the morning!
I have always loved her brown eyes. They are so expressive.
You know whether she is happy or sad just by her eyes! 
Shanny and Tilisa ready for church!
My little family and there strawberry shortcake glasses.
This a picture from Shannan's blessing day.
Me, My grandpa Powell, Shanny and my Mom Shannan.
My cute Shanny, Oh how I love her.
Playing in the back yard. 
Shannan always loves singing and playing the keyboard. 
This is her singing her little heart out!
Making goofy faces because she did not want to smile!
She still is cute!
This is after she got into the water colors!
She loves to paint, hey I am sure Picasso looked like this some days!


I am so thankful for My little Shannan. She brings so much joy into my life. It seems at those times when I wonder to myself if I am a good mom or doing everything that I can to make my kids happy and bring them up right. My Shanny always comes and gives me a hug and tells me she loves me. Shannan was obviously named after my mom. While I was still pregnant Loni had asked if we could name her after my mom. I am so grateful that I did because she reminds me so much of my mom. She can always make me laugh and she has the biggest heart of any little girl I have ever known. She brings so much happiness into our home. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father gave her to me, I would be lost without her. I look forward to seeing her continue to grow and to see the person she will become. 
Shannan I love you so much! I hope you had a Happy Birthday!
You are one of my priceless treasures. 
I love you, I love you, I love you.
You will always be my little Shanny Wanny.
I am thankful that I am your Mommy!

Love Always,
Mom

No comments: